Animals lovers everywhere want to help those animals that are less fortunate than their own household pets.
In an attempt to help, most will donate blindly to H$U$ based solely on the sound of the name and PETA because this organization has been around awhile.
We have all received those envelopes in the mail with the cute Christmas cards begging for you to support these less than honorable charities,
by buying these cards. Some of us also have received letters throughout the year showing starving and abused dogs and cats. Others,
pictures of Rabbits while the writer indicates that this is a result of animal testing for the purpose of testing shaving cream and won't
you please help by sending money! Unfortunately this is just part of their marketing techniques! Please do NOT be duped!
PETA's Dirty Secret
Hypocrisy is the mother of all credibility problems, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has it in spades. While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, the group has its own dirty little secret.
PETA kills animals. By the thousands.
From July 1998 through December 2007, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed over 19,200 dogs, cats, and other
That's more than five defenseless creatures every day. PETA has a walk-in freezer to store the dead bodies, and contracts with a Virginia Beach company to cremate them.
Not counting the pets PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during the last five years. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.
Year||Received||Adopted||Killed||Transferred||% Killed||% Adopted
Do you see this alarming trend?
* figures represent the second half of 1998 only
� other than spay/neuter animals
Click here to see the proof.
On its 2002 federal income-tax return, PETA claimed a $9,370 write-off for a giant walk-in freezer, the kind most people use as a meat locker or for ice-cream storage. But animal-rights activists don't eat meat or dairy foods. And during a 2007 criminal trial, a PETA manager (testifying under oath) confirmed the obvious -- that the group uses the appliance to store the bodies of its victims.
In 2000, when the Associated Press first noted PETA's Kervorkian-esque tendencies, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk complained that actually taking care of animals costs more than killing them. "We could become a no-kill shelter immediately," she admitted.
PETA kills animals. Because it has other financial priorities.
PETA rakes in nearly $30 million each year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals. Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods. PETA has also spent tens of thousands of dollars defending arsonists and other violent extremists.
PETA claims it engages in outrageous media-seeking stunts "for the animals." But which animals? Carping about the value of future two-piece dinners while administering lethal injections to puppies and kittens isn't ethical. It's hypocritical -- with a death toll that PETA would protest if it weren't their own doing.
PETA kills animals. And its leaders dare lecture the rest of us?
SEE THE VIDEO
PETA made the following Fiscal Report
PETA'S income tax return
Fiscal Year: 2004 Assets: $6,403,799 Income: $13,867,001
PETA files an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.
To see PETA'S income tax return click on the link below
To read about their acts of terrorism on a regular basis please click the link
https://www.consumerfreedom.com sign up for their newsletter.
You will be glad that you did!
Then we have the H$U$ (Humane Society of the United States) that says that they work for the protection of the animals. Yet they have enough money (Your hard earned money) to spay and neuter almost all of the strays in the USA yet they support NO LOCAL SHELTERS!
They use your (NOW their) money to support anti-breeders laws. The next time that you or a family member are looking for a pedigreed animal you may just have a very hard time finding one. Why? Because H$U$ funds legislation that would put a stop to breeders being able to have the freedom to do this. They will lie and say that they are against puppy and kitten mills when the legislation that they are proposing across this great land, does NOT exclude small private breeders but rather lumps everyone into the same legislative category.
7 Things You Didn't Know About H$U$
Posted: November 7, 2008
1) The Humane Society of the United States (H$U$) is a �humane society� in name only, since it doesn't operate a single pet shelter or pet adoption facility anywhere in the United States. During 2006, H$U$ contributed only 4.2 percent of its budget to organizations that operate hands-on dog and cat shelters. In reality, H$U$ is a wealthy animal-rights lobbying organization (the largest and richest on earth) that agitates for the same goals as PETA and other radical groups.
See the Video
2) Beginning on the day of NFL quarterback Michael Vick�s 2007 dog fighting indictment, H$U$ raised money on-line with the false promise that it would �care for the dogs seized in the Michael Vick case.� The New York Times later reported that H$U$ wasn�t caring for Vick�s dogs at all. And H$U$ president Wayne Pacelle told the Times that his group recommended that government officials �put down� (that is, kill) the dogs rather than adopt them out to suitable homes. H$U$ later quietly altered its Internet fundraising pitch.
3) H$U$�s senior management includes a former spokesman for the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), a criminal group designated as �terrorists� by the FBI. HSUS president Wayne Pacelle hired John �J.P.� Goodwin in 1997, the same year Goodwin described himself as �spokesperson for the ALF� while he fielded media calls in the wake of an ALF arson attack at a California veal processing plant. In 1997, when asked by reporters for a reaction to an ALF arson fire at a farmer�s feed co-op in Utah (which nearly killed a family sleeping on the premises), Goodwin replied, �We�re ecstatic.� That same year, Goodwin was arrested at a UC Davis protest celebrating the 10-year anniversary of an ALF arson at the university that caused $5 million in damage. And in 1998, Goodwin described himself publicly as a �former member of ALF.�
4) According to a 2008 Los Angeles Times investigation, less than 12 percent of money raised for H$U$ by California telemarketers actually ends up in H$U$�s bank account. The rest is kept by professional fundraisers. And if you exclude two campaigns run for H$U$ by the �Build-a-Bear Workshop� retail chain, which consisted of the sale of surplus stuffed animals (not really �fundraising�), H$U$�s yield number shrinks to just 3 percent. Sadly, this appears typical. In 2004, H$U$ ran a telemarketing campaign in Connecticut with fund raisers who promised to return a minimum of zero percent of the proceeds. The campaign raised over $1.4 million. Not only did absolutely none of that money go to H$U$, but the group paid $175,000 for the telemarketing work.
5) Research shows that H$U$�s heavily promoted U.S. �boycott� of Canadian seafood, announced in 2005 as a protest against Canada�s annual seal hunt, is a phony exercise in media manipulation. A 2006 investigation found that 78 percent of the restaurants and seafood distributors described by H$U$ as �boycotters� weren't participating at all. Nearly two-thirds of them told surveyors they were completely unaware H$U$ was using their names in connection with an international boycott campaign. Canada�s federal government is on record about this deception, saying: �Some animal rights groups have been misleading the public for years � it�s no surprise at all that the richest of them would mislead the public with a phony seafood boycott.�
6) H$U$ raised a reported $34 million in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, supposedly to help reunite lost pets with their owners. But comparatively little of that money was spent for its intended purpose. Louisiana�s Attorney General shuttered his 18-month-long investigation into where most of these millions went, shortly after H$U$ announced its plan to contribute $600,000 toward the construction of an animal shelter on the grounds of a state prison. Public disclosures of the disposition of the $34 million in Katrina-related donations add up to less than $7 million.
See the Video
7) After gathering undercover video footage of improper animal handling at a Chino, CA slaughterhouse during November of 2007, H$U$ sat on its video evidence for three months, even refusing to share it with the U.S. Department of Agriculture. H$U$�s Dr. Michael Greger testified before Congress that the San Bernardino County (CA) District Attorney�s office asked the group �to hold on to the information while they completed their investigation.� But the District Attorney�s office quickly denied that account, even declaring that H$U$ refused to make its undercover spy available to investigators if the USDA were present at those meetings. Ultimately, H$U$ chose to release its video footage at a more politically opportune time, as it prepared to launch a livestock-related ballot campaign in California. Meanwhile, meat from the slaughterhouse continued to flow into the U.S. food supply for months.
Skeptical? Click here for validation
According to the form 990 and 990 EZ tax return the HSUS reported assets Financial Info Fiscal Year: 2006
H$U$'s 2006 income tax return
Your local NO KILL shelters would be a very good place to donate your hard earned money.
You can even visit and delegate in what areas of operation you would like your donation to be spent
Make Your Donations Count
If you would like to give a tax deductible donation to this worthy NO KILL shelter please send your offerings to:
The West Volusia Humane Society
800 Humane Society Road
DeLand Florida 32720
This is a picture of my domestic short haired cat named *Cookie* she was a rescue from local animal shelter
the *West Volusia Humane Society* A NO KILL shelter in DeLand Florida.
If you don't have a favorite no kill shelter, this is another example of a worthy NO KILL charity that desperately need funds to continue their work. JOURNEY'S END ANIMAL SANCTUARY is a private sanctuary with a capacity for 200 dogs, cats, horses, birds who have been abused, neglected or have special needs. Unlike traditional shelters that emphasize adoption, the primary purpose of Journey's End is to provide lifetime care and sheltering of animals who, while still able to lead a quality life, are unable to find homes due to old age, chronic illness, handicaps, temperament issues or other factors. The sanctuary is located in Glenwood, near DeLand, Florida
Journey's End Animal Sanctuary
P.O. Box 220163
Glenwood FL 32722-0163
Click here to see the beautiful video from Full Sail Films on Journey's End.
An incredible, inspiring film.
JOURNEY'S END ANIMAL SANCTUARY is a private sanctuary with a capacity for 200 dogs, cats, horses,
birds who have been abused, neglected or have special needs. Unlike traditional shelters that emphasize adoption, the primary purpose of
Journey's End is to provide lifetime care and sheltering of animals who, while still able to lead a quality life, are unable to find homes
due to old age, chronic illness, handicaps, temperament issues or other factors. The sanctuary is located in Glenwood, near DeLand, Florida.
This is the best charity monitoring group that can provide you with
almost everything you need to know before giving a donation. At this site you'll find reports of Charitable organizations,
including a data base of more than 850,000 IRS recognized nonprofit organizations......This one gives you the whole enchilada!